Sunday 12 August 2012

Well done Team GB!

WOW! How amazing have Team GB been? I have to say I have never been into sport (I was not allowed to do it at school due to knee problems so the nearest I got was being made to be a hockey post!!!) so I am ashamed to say that I was not that fussed about the Olympics at first. But...... I have been enthralled by it all and am going to miss it next week on the BBC! However, there will be the Paralympics and I feel strongly that we should get behind that as much as we have the Olympics. Good luck to all our Paralympians!

And so back to Pampered Chef! I have been very busy lately and have done several shows this week - Pizza, Chocolate, Italian and Pimms and Puds!!!

Rebecca's Italian show was very memorable as we cooked the gorgeous Italian Tomato Risotto outside in her lovely garden! Rebecca had laid out two lovely tables tucked away at the end of the garden and we had a great al fresco show! Only thing was....the sun went down and we couldn't see the catalogues, but Rebecca came to the rescue with the most candles I have ever seen!

We cooked the risotto in the Rectangular baker which is my most used piece of stoneware - it is amazing for full Enlgish breakfasts to brownies, roasts to curries to flapjacks! One of my customers said this about it

I love the rectangular stone baker - its become my pride and joy in the kitchen. It's a non stick surface now its been seasoned. It's great and all my family and friend love it when I do my famous roast potatoes in it. I love it for lasagne and moussaka which both lift out cleanly from the dish..."


And here is the recipe - enjoy! x

500g CHERRY TOMATOES
OLIVE OIL TO DRIZZLE OVER
2 GARLIC CLOVES
30G PACK FRESH BASIL LEAVES
SALT AND PEPPER
1 RED ONION
2oz BUTTER
16oz RISOTTO RICE
20floz WHITE WINE
24Floz BOILING WATER
4 tsp SUNDRIED TOMATO PASTE
4oz FRESH PARMESAN + 1oz to grate
1 tsp TURMERIC
2 tbsp DOUBLE CREAM

  1. Chop the onion finely using Food chopper and place in the Small Micro Cooker with butter and cook on high for 1 ½ mins.
  2. Place rice in the Rectangular Baker with the onion, wine and water (measured with the Easy Read Measuring Cups) and garlic crushed with the Garlic Press. Chop the basil in a 500ml Prep Bowl with the Professional Shears. Slice the tomatoes in half with the Forged Cutlery Tomato Knife and add. Use the Small Mix 'n' Scrape to stir in the tomato paste and the turmeric (measure with Adjustable Measuring Spoons) and the salt and pepper from the Bamboo Grinders. Cook at 180c/gas 4/ 350f. for 30-35 mins.
  3. Then stir in the grated parmesan (grate with the Fine Adjustable Microplane Grater) and cook for another 5-10 mins. Taste the rice to see if it is ready. Stir in the double cream.
  4. Then dish up and place a couple of shavings of parmesan on the top to decorate.



No comments:

Post a Comment