When it's cold outside I love to bake and get the house warm and toasty and smelling fabulous!
This recipe is soooooo yummy and will get your house smelling well and truly of Christmas and it cooks perfectly in out 12 cup stoneware muffin pan https://www.pamperedchef.co.uk/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=2458&catId=9&parentCatId=9&outletSubCat= ! Enjoy
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground allspice
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup fruit mincemeat
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup (100g) butter, melted
¾ cup buttermilk (or natural yogurt)
1 tablespoon milk
½ cup Pecans
2 teaspoons Demerara sugar
1.Preheat oven to 400F / 200C
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl which includes the flour, baking powder, allspice, brown sugar. Chop the pecans and add these to the bowl.
3. In another bowl mix together the mincemeat, egg, melted butter, buttermilk, milk, zest of ½ orange and juice of ½ orange.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix briefly until just combined.
5. Scoop the mixture into the stoneware muffin pan dividing it evenly.
6. Sprinkle the tops with demerara sugar. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and risen. Cool slightly in the pan before turning out onto cooling rack.