As a thank you to all my new likers here is a delicious recipe, Mediterranean Vegetable Ring, which is perfect for this lovely summery weather. Cooking it on one of our lovely pieces of stoneware, the Medium Round Stone with handles , means that the dough cooks evenly (no soggy bottom!) and puffs up beautifully to create a really stunning dish that is perfect for summer dinner parties or a lunch with friends. Check out our pizza stone here http://www.pamperedchef.biz/sarahhall?page=products-detail&categoryId=9&productId=27281&itemId=1341
2 tubes of chilled fresh croissant dough (Sarah Lee – 6 croissants – plain or Pains au Chocolat, not the “All Butter” variety OR 2 sheets of Ready Rolled Puff Pastry)
½ red pepper
2 spring onions
85g/3oz baby spinach leaves
35g/1¼oz pitted black olives
55g/2oz feta cheese, crumbled
115g/4oz mozzarella cheese
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Black poppy seeds
● Cut up spinach using PROFESSIONAL SHEARS in CLASSIC BATTER BOWL
Add the following ingredients to the CLASSIC BATTER BOWL:
● Red pepper and spring onion chopped using FOOD CHOPPER.
● Olives with UTILITY KNIFE.
● Mozarella cubed using SANTUKO KNIFE and crumbled feta cheese.
● Garlic crushed with the GARLIC PRESS.
● Lemon zest (use ADJUSTABLE MICROPLANE GRATER)
● Lemon juice (juice lemon using CITRUS PRESS)
● Mayonnaise measured with the ADJUSTABLE MEASURING SPOONS and add
to vegetable mixture.
Mix well using SMALL MIX N SCRAPER.
Arrange croissant dough on MEDIUM ROUND STONE WITH HANDLES and roll over joins with
Use LARGE SCOOP to place mixture onto the pastry and tuck ends over.
Glaze using egg and PASTRY BRUSH
Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Bake for 25-30 minutes gas mark 5 or electric 180.
Serve with a green salad