Here is a gorgeous recipe - not strictly a cupcake, but who cares? It's molten chocolate for crying out loud!!! Enjoy!
The best muffin pan you can buy here! http://www.pamperedchef.biz/sarahhall?page=products-detail&categoryId=122&productId=31002&itemId=1601
Dark Chocolate Truffle Muffins!
45 g unsweetened cocoa powder,
plus extra for dusting
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
175 g caster sugar
175 ml cold water
75 ml sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 dark chocolate truffles
(60% cocoa solids) with a smooth melting filling
Cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
1. Put a paper muffin case into each well of Muffin Pan; set aside.
2. Sift flour and cocoa powder using the Strainer into a Stainless Steel Mixing
3. Measure bicarbonate of soda and baking powder using Adjustable Measuring
Spoons and add to bowl.
4. Stir in sugar; set aside.
5. Measure water and oil with Easy Read Measuring Cups
6. Crack egg into Classic Batter Bowl and add vanilla extract (use Adjustable
Measuring Spoons); lightly whisk together using Stainless Whisk.
7. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; whisk together 1–2 minutes or until
mixture is smooth and well combined (mixture will be a thin pouring batter).
8. Using Large Scoop, fill each paper case with chocolate mixture,dividing evenly
(scraping mixture out of bowl using Classic Scraper).
9. Bake 16–20 minutes or until a fine skewer inserted into centres comes out
clean. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack and let stand about 3
minutes; while muffins are still hot, snip a cross (about 1.5-cm deep
and 4-cm wide) into top of each muffin using Professional Shears.
10. Gently push one truffle into each muffin until nearly flush with top of muffin.
Cool in pan an additional 10–15 minutes (truffles will melt into muffins).
11. Carefully remove muffins from pan to cooling rack, keeping them steady (see
12. Remove each paper case individually and immediately place muffin on a serving
13. Sprinkle muffins with additional cocoa powder using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Just
before serving, break each muffin open using a teaspoon and place a truffle in each one! Eat immediately!!!